Tuesday, 28 April 2015

HA8 Task 7

Final Evaluation

During unit 66, we were tasked with designing and modelling our very own robot sidekick companion using the "Lightwave modelling software". We began this project with a series of video tutorials which took us through the basic tools required to create our own models

While the beginning parts of the projects went smoothly, Some of the tutorials were a little tricky to get my head around but with help from my tutor i was able to complete the basics. I was happy with my progress with the tutorials even though some do still lay incomplete.

When i began to create my own model i first began with research, Using things such as mood boards and also using a design pack where i drew the basic idea for my model using a side, front and back view. Obviously i knew that my model would not fully follow the plan of the design pack as you will see through out my final evaluation. My first idea was to create a mechanical rendition of food, Many ideas coming from ice cream and other treats.








The next thing which i had to do was finally model my model i knew i wouldn't be modeling off my design pack as i had made my mind to change it an go with something just free hand which probably wasn't smart but it felt more comfortable for me to do that, I also had to surface my model to make it look more realistic and to get the correct frames for task 6, I felt the brick surface i chose really helped the look of the model to make it seem more real. I then added the model into the lightwave editor to deal with the scene which i completed. I am personally happy with my model and i used the editor to set up some key frames for the unit.




No comments:

Post a Comment